Skip to main content

Bikaner, My Best Discover

Escaping the fervor floating in Jaipur, I moved on to taste the sweetness of sand further. Ramesh, the driver, sped down the congested route and past the clamorous traffic. I was already aware of Ramesh's love of music and the constant playback in his taxi. He played good music, thank God. The upbeat songs Ramesh played had me tapping my feet nonstop. Ramesh loved to imagine himself as Micheal Schumacher and his old vehicle as a Ferrari, which I also saw throughout the journey. Driving from one place to another was similar to finishing a sporting event. Even so, it was enjoyable. Great Fun!

camel Fair
Courtesy:Pranav Jain(Pexels.com)
I finally arrived in Bikaner. I thought Bikaner was more pleasant than its rivals. Because there are fewer visitors, there are less hassles. With a real guide this time, I started my Bikaner tour by viewing the previous Bikaner Fort (Junagarh Fort). I was informed that the fort included a museum and a number of additional buildings. How accurate it was, too. The museum had well-preserved royal weapons, carpets, jewellery, and antique texts. Extraordinary! I exclaimed. The collection simply amazed me.

I went to the Deshnok temple, which is a temple that worships rats, after finishing the fort tour, I stopped at Station Road, a popular destination for savoury Bikaneri snacks, en route. Crisp mirchi vadas and spicy samosas were delectably delicious. Yummy! I must admit. The thing that tempted me the most was ras malai. I enjoyed it just as much.

I removed my shoes at the door and went into the temple. There were lots of rats there. There were throngs of pilgrims visible in the temple. I yelled, and it could be heard for miles. I was trampled on by a rat. Supposedly really fortunate! Catching a sight of a white rat, which I was unable to see, is also important.

It was time to say goodbye to these rats at this point. To get to the hotel, I boarded the Ferrari once more. I showered, changed, and went to supper in the hotel's dining room. The hall's ambiance was so alluring that it hardly mattered what I ordered. I decided to get a mouthwatering Rajasthani plate.

The following morning, I took a camel safari. A fantastic journey it was. I was in awe as I observed the sunset over the arid horizon as its colours changed. The night was spent in a camp beneath a starry sky with performances of Rajasthani folk dance and music. I awoke in the morning to the melodies of the "sarangi" after falling asleep to the dulcet tones of "ghungroo." The encounter was genuinely exceptional.

Even the tallest structures are obscured by a golden haze, and even the strongest trees are weakened by powerful winds. This is the most accurate way to describe Bikaner. Bikaner was truly one of my finest finds...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sufi Capital Wrapped In The Barren Hills Of The Aravallis

Courtesy vacationsindiaplus.com I packed my bags to the Ajmer city, nestled in the base of Aravali mountain ranges. The historic city was established by the great king of the Chauhan dynasty, Ajaipal Chauhan in the 7 th century. On arriving Ajmer, I was surprised to see the true secular nature of India that is enlivened in the life and history of this great city. This renowned pilgrim centre showcases a perfect blend of Hindu culture with Sufi traditions . Ajmer was flanked by majestic mountains on all sides. I booked a room in Hotel Mansingh Palace. The most lively attractions of the city are the religious songs and Quawwalis, which can be heard at every street, especially at the holy Dargahs . I visited the Dargh of Ajmer Sharif at night, the most famous pilgrim center in the city, dedicated to the great Sufi saint Khwaja Moin-ud-din Chishti . Religious convocations, called 'mehfils' were organized in the mehfil khana, a voluminous hall meant for this purpose. A few